« Home | We Do Not Push Our Religion On Others » | I took last week off. I just did. It was a menta... » | Tide's a changin' » | This Post is Brought to You by: The Present Tense! » | The Salt of this Salty Earth » | Going Down To Cow Town » | Tropical Citrus Juice...IN THE EYE! » | The Connundrum Continues Conquoring Conan » | Bridging the Gap » | November is Officially Brambly » 

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 

TPS Reports are Pointless

Yeah, you think I'm a spaz, don't you? Yes, I knew you did.

Sorry 'bout the last coupla posts. They haven't really been up to snuff. From here on out I promise nothing.

I'm sitting at work but I can't for the life of me figure out why. I have vacation time I could use and it'd probly be better if I did. I'm getting paid to sit around and do absolutely nothing.

"There must be something you could be doing!" you say.

No, there isn't. I've finished all my pre-spring semester work and if I start anything else without it being approved by the boss-lady, I'll end up re-doing anyway.

So there you have it.

Why do I love Christmas? A couple of reasons. The first one is that people are mean this time of year. You want to flick off that shitty driver next to you? Do it! Everyone else is.

Washington gets an obscene amount of rain. I'm not saying that our total rainfall level is comparable to that of the Amazon, Ibut I am saying that we can go for MONTHS without seeing blue sky. And yet Washingtonians cannot drive in the rain. WTF?!

We can't drive in the sun either. And LORD knows we can't drive in the snow. Fog? Fuhgetaboutit! We can handle a slightly cloudy day, and even then it gets dicey if we're going faster than 10 mph.

So I'm driving to work this morning and not only is there rain coming from EVERY direction, but ALL of the big shipping trucks have decided to haul their cargo at the same time. Have you ever driven your car into the neighbors pool that you previously filled with live alligators? You have? Well then, it was like that.

So this ass-hat decides that he's gonna be a flippin genius and instead of slowing down to get into the exit lane behind me, he tries to speed up on my left, tailgate a oversized load and then cut me off.

I am the first to admit that I suffer from road rage. But I'm able to control it so that it comes out as me simply yelling at the people. I never use hand jestures. And if they look over at me I usually stop yelling and cow my head. But this time I just couldn't hack it anymore. I actually flipped this guy off, over the dashboard.

I don't think he saw me because I'm sure he had a gun and would've shot to kill. Either that or this is a regular thing for him and he just felt that it was the response he's supposed to get upon merging.

In any case, that was definately a first for me. So yeah, enjoy the holidays.

--PLEASETALKMOREQUIETLY--

I'm glad that you were able to express yourself freely in your vehicle. I on the other hand, have had too much ice (we're talking about an inch on ALL roads) on the roads to take my hands off of the wheel for a second. I slid, I'm not kidding, SLID all the way to work today. And then promptly fell on my arse when I steped out of the car. It proved to be eiser to slide across the parking lot on my briefcase than to stand up and try to walk, even in my boots. It makes me miss the rain. Yeah, I said it! I MISS THE RAIN!

(there are coffee beans and pie waiting to be delivered for Christmas to you)

laughing like mad while sliding in a three piece suit on my briefcase across the parking lot to work with a scarf wrapped around my head because I have no hat,
~amos

Post a Comment

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts