« Home | November is Officially Brambly » | Do Not Snap at Me Mrs. Salmon, For I Will EAT You » | Diary of an Angry Sock Monkey » | I had nothing to do with it! » | Caution and Consistency in a Call to Botswana » | Bringing Home Some Bacon! » | Keep Your Hands to Yourself! » | No Mail Receptacle » | This is a Multiple Unit Address Please Provide a B... » | The Wombat has Spoken » 

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 

Bridging the Gap

You know things are going well when Jesus loans you his elephant for the afternoon.

So how are you doing? Great. Well, the snow stopped. I'm not totally thrilled about that.

Everybody at work was freakin' out about driving home in the snow. Maybe it's because I'm such a great fuckin' driver, but snow never really bothered me. You just gotta go extra slow, leave plenty of space between you and the car in front of you, and, like every other day, pray that a meteor doesn't choose that exact moment to relieve you of having to worry about insurance anymore. Stupid people suck.

I also hate people who exagerate. There was this girl in the elevator as I was coming back from lunch who was all like:

I'm sooo, like, spending New Years in New Orleans!


Her friend:

Well, I heard there was like only one bar open.


One bar? It's fucking New Orleans! If there isn't someone drinking alcohol, a baby angel is melting in the fires of hell and you can actually see it happening before your eyes. See anything yet? That's right. What a crazy biaznatch.

Gotta go.

--I'VEGOTMEETINGSALLAFTERNOON--

My pal was in the beloved bluesy city DURRING Katrina. You might want to check out his web journal... I'll post the link here when I find it again. argh.

There are a few shots you may find touching and amusing.

I definately wasn't saying that New Orleans wasn't hit hard. I just remember an article on NPR about the bars that were still open days after Katrina hit. They didn't have running water but you could buy a shot of whiskey. THAT is service!

Post a Comment

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts