« Home | Tropical Citrus Juice...IN THE EYE! » | The Connundrum Continues Conquoring Conan » | Bridging the Gap » | November is Officially Brambly » | Do Not Snap at Me Mrs. Salmon, For I Will EAT You » | Diary of an Angry Sock Monkey » | I had nothing to do with it! » | Caution and Consistency in a Call to Botswana » | Bringing Home Some Bacon! » | Keep Your Hands to Yourself! » 

Thursday, December 01, 2005 

Going Down To Cow Town

I'm not really certain how to begin this post.

What's really been on my mind is something I can't really post on this blog because I'm not sure who reads it. Mainly it's a about w0rk and since I have no desire to be Dooced, I'm just gonna avoid it.

On to other things.

I slipped. I fell, like a bottle of water, off the wagon. I had not one, not two, but 8 cigarettes last night. I was so pissed off when i left work yesterday that I stopped at the gas station, bought myself a pack of Camel Lights, went down to the Eastside and shot pool for like an hour. Then I went dancing but my heart wasn't in it. This morning I'm feeling like shit though. My lungs hurt, my brain hurts and I can barely see.

'Course that last one could be the glaucoma.

I usually try to compose my rants on the way to work, and I composed a beautiful one for today but have since forgotten it. It's really too bad.

It's supposed to snow again today. Like 4 inches. It hasn't happened yet, but then it's only 9:20am and the snow advisory doesn't go into effect until 10am. 40 mins and I'm on pins and needles. I WANNA SNOW DAY!

I can't really think of anything else to post right now. Theme of the day when I feel like it.

--USHERINGINANEWERA--

Yeah, um... The snow is over here. It has been snowing since Rob called at one in the morning. I thought that perhaps it was a bad dream and would go away. no luck. HOWEVER: (you're gonna hate me for this) After the morning staff meeting where my ass got chewed for NO reason by the exec director (it's cool, there was someone from service area sitting in who backed me up) the disaster services director decided we needed to go to Costco for the SUPER OFFICE SUPPLY RUN, which took two hours after we stopped for lunch and for me to throw some snow balls. Then I sat in on a national conference call for *bum bum bummmmm* the avian bird flu pandemic topic and painted centerpieces for our winter volunteer appriciation party. Yep, it is now quarter after two and I have been doing piddly things that needed to be done but were fun all day (except for proving that I can be a champion chew toy). Later, I get to drive (slide) out in the two inches of yuck to the gallery where my piece is being auctioned off tonight... wish me luck with the driving thing... the ARC Chapter van was sliding around like a stripper on a soaped up slide.

(I love your stripper joke by the way.. It makes me giggle like mad)

oh yeah: STOP IT with the ciggies, they hurt.

Post a Comment

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts