« Home | Do Not Snap at Me Mrs. Salmon, For I Will EAT You » | Diary of an Angry Sock Monkey » | I had nothing to do with it! » | Caution and Consistency in a Call to Botswana » | Bringing Home Some Bacon! » | Keep Your Hands to Yourself! » | No Mail Receptacle » | This is a Multiple Unit Address Please Provide a B... » | The Wombat has Spoken » | Jazz Up That Lifestyle With CHEESE! » 

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 

November is Officially Brambly

It's snowing. Not the kind of snow that sticks around for days and days and drifts you into your home. No, we don't get that kind of snow. These are the big gloppy flakes that make you want to go home and light a fire in your fireplace and drink mugs and mugs of hot chocolate.

Me? I'm at work with a big-ass cup of coffee trying not to get the jitters too bad.

You see, I picked today to try and stop smoking.

For those of you who have known me over the last few years, you know that I've been a slightly less than vocal, but still militant, smoker. I believe in smokers rights and I don't like it when people get self-riteous and tell me to quit. I enjoy it and I tend not to over-indulge. Smoking has always been one of those simple pleasures that I've come to appreciate in my old-age. (I'm 25.)

Part of my addiction came from the romantic aspect of cigarettes. My hero, Humphrey Bogart, smoked until the day he died. As did Groucho Marx, George Burns, and Dennis Leary (who isn't quite dead yet). I started smoking in France while I was studying there and never quite stopped. I quite twice. Once because of a bad break-up and once because of another bad break-up. Funny that I would quit at the end.

Anyway, if I piss you off in the next couple weeks, please find it in your heart to forgive me. Thank you.

Since it's snowing today, it's "I Wish I Was in the Sahara TUESDAY!" IWIWITST! Learn it, love it, livid!

*dons voice of documentary narrator*

At first glance, the Sahara looks kinda like...it's a dirty mountain.

Or a sandy snake winding off into the distance.

But in fact, it's much bigger than that.

It's teaming with life... I mean life!

Travelers need to cross and find many a way to get from one side to the other. Some people are fuckin' crazy tho.

Some people come only to look at things. Others are there to kick some ass. And some people can't believe it.

Me? I just like to take a relaxing vacation.

I wish I had a digital camera. Maybe if BAVA ever wakes up we'll get photos of what's going on outside. It's crazy cool! SOOOO white.

Love y'all but I gotta get suff done today. Happy IWIWITST!

--THERE'SSOMETHINGIHAVEN'TTOLDYOUYET--

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts