« Home | A Soothing Blend of Me » | Treats for EVERYONE!!! » | Oooo...the Munchies! » | Giving in to the Man » | On the Trivialities of Tivoli » | Of All the Things to Forget at Home This Morning... » | On the History of Madness and Mondays » | True Story » | CA Cash Refund » | Recipe for Disaster » 

Monday, February 13, 2006 

Price Includes Sales Tax

Sorry about the lack of sketches this last weekend. I was working really hard on the comic.

Last week I made the decision to do the strip in color. I'm not sure what posessed me to do this, but so far it has made my personal investment in the strip that much greater. I'm teaching myself new techniques for doing just about every part of the comic and really enjoying the innovative lifestyle.

Today's comic went through a few different color itterations. The first one had (apparently) very strange colors for the background but I caught them in time. Then Tim's hat came out tan instead of the green it was supposed to be. But the green didn't work so I had to go with this color. Still not sure I'm happy with it.

I also really want to draw in an "I (don't) heart pants" t-shirt on myself. Ahniwa has his cool bowling shirt and Tim has his dress shirt with the rolled up sleaves. I want a cool shirt for my character!

So yeah, as if I didn't have enough to do, I started a daily comic. It has really bad art, a shitty web page and the only thing good I can say about it is that it's completely auto-biographical. It took a total of half an hour to put the web page together and draw Monday through Friday's strips. I have 31 pre-made scripts for it and at least a dozen more on the way. Should be a kick. Enjoy. I think I'm going to start doing comic making commentary on that page.

Oh the horror of Monday. I've already had too much coffee, my bosses are looking at me like I'm a failure and all I wanna do is walk away from this and draw my little heart out. Anyone willing to sponsor La Casa comics? Please? All I need is 25k a year. That's it!

Enough begging.

Alright, I've got a messy project to work on and a thus far untarnished reputation to ruin. Hope y'all have a good day!

--MADEFROM100%POSTCONSUMERRECYCLEDFIBER--

yo

Post a Comment

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts