« Home | On the Trivialities of Tivoli » | Of All the Things to Forget at Home This Morning... » | On the History of Madness and Mondays » | True Story » | CA Cash Refund » | Recipe for Disaster » | When Are Things Due? » | Yarrr! » | Dude...It's all about the boxer briefs » | Hmmm...thought I'd be more... » 

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 

Giving in to the Man

Each day I wake up and it's a new chance. An opportunity to prove myself to the world. To make a difference.

And then I come to work.

This project that I mentioned yesterday has gotten me down. Down so far that I'm thinking about quitting. And that's sad.

I was remembering when I first got the job, last year about this time. I was happy beyond all reason to be employed full-time and to have benefits. I was happy to get out from under a repressive boss and menial assignments that were doomed to fail. And when I first got this job, it was anything but. It was the antithesis of what I had been doing. I was engaged, I was excited, I was working with people in an environment that encouraged success!

Suddenly, I've been tossed a project that is doomed and has been doomed from the beginning. Partly my pessimism over this project has affected my success at it, but it does need the participation of other schools and I'm not getting it. I've contacted, pitched and contacted again and all I'm getting are message machines and unreturned e-mails.

And I'm made to feel bad about this. THAT is the part I don't understand. My boss actually blames me for other people not contacting me. If I called any more it would be considered harrassment.

So now I'm thinking about school again. I used to think that a business degree is what I wanted. Now I'm not so sure. I'm actually thinking about graphic design now. I know it's a really tough field to break into, but I feel that with my background and interest in it, I'm set. I've done one graphic design job before and got $300 for it. Should have gotten more, but it wasn't a very good job.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions for graphic design schools in the Southern California (read: San Diego) area, lemme know.

--CONSERVINGOURNATURALRESOURSESISNOTMYPRIORITY--

Why San Diego?

Post a Comment

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts