« Home | Recipe for Disaster » | When Are Things Due? » | Yarrr! » | Dude...It's all about the boxer briefs » | Hmmm...thought I'd be more... » | Already called this one... » | oh, you know I'm that bad! » | Addicted? No.... » | Dude... » | Loverly » 

Thursday, January 26, 2006 

CA Cash Refund

Well, it's another Thursday. It's not raining outside. Thank god. I've got a full cup of coffee next to me and a dream in my head.

I had the idea that I would turn this blog into my other artistic creative outlet, outlining what and how I use my tools to create a comic. But in the end, I think it would destroy the blog. The little gnomes that help me would see any kind of thematic shift as me usurping the tiny amount of control they have and I would have a rebellion on my hands. Can't have that now.

So the blog format stays. I'll post once in a blue moon and we'll call it good!

Naw, I just be kiddin' y0.

For those of you who know me, you are already aware of how stressful the last week was. I had a breakdown of some sort on MLK day and so went to the doctor the following afternoon. I was diagnosed with pretty severe depression and got a prescription for Fluoxetine, the generic name for Prozac.

I've been taking this drug for a little over a week now and I've got to clear up some stuff about it. First of all, NONE of the side effects have happened to me. I know that I'm supposed to wait about a month for it to kick in, but I have had none of the side effects listed anywhere on the web.

After this first week of taking this stuff, I'm here to say that it has really helped in a couple areas. I'm no longer clenching my teeth at night so hard that I wake up with a sore jaw. I'm getting ENOUGH sleep, which is important. I'm also a little more organized. This all could be the placebo effect, but it feels more like something has leveled out in my mind. Nothing is quite as dramatic as it used to be.

One side effect that really worried me, as an artist, was that it would somehow styme my creative urges. I can assure everyone that it hasn't. In fact, it has made me more focused. I'm a little bit ahead of the game as far as the comic is concerned and I'm staying that way.

Honestly, I'm just enjoying every part of life a lot more, rather than just living for the high moments. I'm in full support of drugs if they can help me never feel like I did on that Monday ever again.

Other than that, life is pretty uneventful right now. I'm still completely addicted to Sketchbook Pro. The sketch up at the comic was created using it. I find it a LOT easier to use than Photoshop because the line weights depend on the pressure of my pen on the tablet. For some reason, Photoshop stopped doing that. Dunno why.

I'm supposed to get my tax refund tomorrow. First of all, I'm paying off my debts. Then I'm buying a new tablet. An early birthday present to myself. The rest goes into savings for a vacation I've been meaning to take for years.

More later.

--BOTTLEDATTHESOURCE--

Cheers Theo. You know there's always a friend (ahem: me) that you can at the VERY least, discuss the finer points of ta-ta's with.

So, cheers. Just wanted to say once again: my ears are open and my shoulder is always clear for you if you need it. (if not, then we can just talk about life, the universe and ta-ta's)

*just a smile for you!*

Post a Comment

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts