« Home | Of All the Things to Forget at Home This Morning... » | On the History of Madness and Mondays » | True Story » | CA Cash Refund » | Recipe for Disaster » | When Are Things Due? » | Yarrr! » | Dude...It's all about the boxer briefs » | Hmmm...thought I'd be more... » | Already called this one... » 

Monday, February 06, 2006 

On the Trivialities of Tivoli

Kari, sorry I didn't answer my phone this weekend. I was out of comission.

Have you ever felt that you were going insane? That's today for me.

This morning there was a staff meeting and during the meeting there was a barrage of questions about an event that I'm coordinating. The problem is that the questions that were being asked of me were questions I could not answer. The look of dissapointment in my boss's eyes was enough to crush an adult man. Me.

So this afternoon I've been sitting at my desk completely unmotivated and wishing that I had a different job. That's funny because it'll be a year ago on my birthday that I got this job in the first place.

And honestly, there's nothing wrong with the job per se. This angst I'm feeling is really about being pushed into doing something that not only tests my abilities as a PR person, but also my abilities as an event coordinator. Funny thing is, I specifically didn't want to coordinate activities. Especially not something this big. But whatever. It's in my lap. I have to run with it.

I've made contacts at 14 local schools and today I sent e-mails and left phone messages with all of them. No one was in/answering their phones. I have a deadline of getting this the other schools to participate by Friday. We'll see if they get back to me. If they haven't called/e-mailed me back by Wed, I'm calling them again.

As far as the art is concerned I'm absolutely stoked. I don't think Monday's strip turned out as well as it could have, but it didn't turn out badly. My sketches are definately getting better, it's just a matter of keeping my motivation up.

Wow, today I have a 1/1 ratio on e-mails recieved to e-mails sent. Cool.

Alright, time to get back to work.

--ITWASACLEARANDSTARRYNIGHT--

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts