« Home | Jazz Up That Lifestyle With CHEESE! » | WAHOOOOOZAH! » | I burn with righteous rage and transfer that rage ... » | IT WAS THE ITALIANS! » | Facial Make-up of the Chinese Pekin Opera » | Days of the week in reverse random order » | It's Good to know there is a Concurrence » | Last day to withdraw... » | We're gonna need a mop! » | Fight That Devilish Plaque! » 

Sunday, November 13, 2005 

The Wombat has Spoken

So, it's waaayyy too late on a Sunday to be posting, but I've still got a bowl of Mac and Cheese to finish so I figured I'd give you guys a special treat.

This weekend has been pretty good.

On Friday I just kinda hung out. I drew for a bit...and then...honestly I really don't know what happened. I know that I didn't do too much.

Saturday I hung out, I drew, I watched 24. I know that much.

Then today I watched a movie, drew, played pool, and watched another movie. It was good.

And now...now I'm listening to music and eating food. Or whatever you wanna call it.

I know that I keep changing the template on my blog, and for this I'm sorry. The main problem thus far is that many people who read this blog do not just use one browser.

For those of you who have only used Internet Explorer, let me tell you now that there are other options out there. They are safe and, often, more functional that the internet browser that comes with Windows.

Opera: Opera is an amazing browser. Opera offers a nifty function called 'tabbed browsing'. Instead of opening a new window that simply takes up space in the task bar, Opera opens a full sized window inside the program itself. It also has a function for monitoring RSS feeds, if you're into that.

Firefox: Firefox is a browser that I'm just starting to try out now. It's interesting because it provides all the functionality and appearance of IE, without it being IE. That's about all I can see thus far.

Anyway, I keep changing my blog because people are using all kinds of browsers and I'm trying to be browser friendly.

Tonight I watched a very interesting movie with Bava. It was called Equilibrium. This film is amazing and it really took me off guard. If you have a chance, please watch it.

The movie is set in a kind of dystopia and one thing that I noticed about it, whether the director intended it or not, is that they kept saying that in their perfect world war had been stopped.

The interesting thing about this is that according to their argument, the only way to stop war was the complete erradication of human emotion. In order for there to be no more war, there first had to be no more anger, pain, or fear.

While I agree with this on one hand, I think that war is the innevitable outcome of oppression and tyranny. Without war there can be no salvation of the masses. Human emotion is necessary and we will always have emotional reactions to events in our lives.

On the one hand, it is correct to say that our emotions, when not tempered by logic, are not the best things to act on, but on the other, without our emotions, what is left to make us human.

So, is it better to have all war erradicated and all humans completely Vulcan and logical, or have strife and suffering, elation and delight with the sacrifice of having people at each others' throats?

I think that MAYBE there is a happy medium, but in all of my reading and thought, I have yet to see one.

Show me a place where both parties can be happy and I'll actually FINISH one of these boxes of Mac and Cheese.

Enjoy your night citizens.

--THEINTERNETISNOWBROKEN--

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts