« Home | We're gonna need a mop! » | Fight That Devilish Plaque! » | Time Better Spent Sleeping » | Filter THIS!! » | Something Positive » | Teh job is done » | I couldn't fake this if I tried » | Not so awesome...and then AWESOME! » | Tic vs. Tac » | Sockin' it to ya! » 

Friday, October 28, 2005 

Last day to withdraw...

I'm not a shy person. Never really have been. But I play one on tv. And that has made all the difference.

They say that randomality is the new funny. I want YOU to enjoy enchilada Friday!

I was supposed to spend last night drawing. Instead I spent it playing pool and thinking about my time in France. I think there are good and bad ways to spend ones time on this planet. Pool, darts, drawing, and making out are the highest on my list. Thank god they're all free!...except the making out. Unless you're one of the lucky ones *shudder*

So now that it's officially Enchilada Friday, I say we boogie! *dances*

The comic is still going strong. I really wanna spend this weekend working on a decent Sunday strip. I've got a couple ideas I'm working on and they seem to be going ok. Just need some time to work. Thank god the weekend is TWO FULL DAYS! Freakin' A!

As an artist, there are usually a small group of influences one can list off the the top of ones head. Were one so inclined. Anyway, last night I was in bed and picked up my copy of Scud: The Disposable Assassin. Rob Schrab, the creator of this glorious comic is one of my influences.

I read Scud for the first time in high school and loved it. The artwork, the story about a robot who can't kill his target without self-destructing, it captivated me.

The next influence is Calvin and Hobbes. I started reading this way back in the day, don't remember exactly when, but both the artwork and the story-telling ability hooked me in from the beginning.

The next inlfuence a little bit more obscure. A friend in college, a fellow artist, lent me his copy of a comic book called 'Crimson'. The style of art was something I had never seen before. It was a bizarre cross between manga and the classic american comic book. The author is a guy name Humberto Ramos. He started out doing Spiderman and then got a contract with Image comics to do some of his own stories. My favorite is 'Crimson' but a close second is his series, 'Out There'. If you have access to a comic book store, go find these books. They are very good.

These influences are the way i would LIKE to draw. My artistic style is still developing and I'm constantly trying new things, but these are the guys who got me into comics in the first place. God bless you guys.

--NOTHEYDIDN'TSNEEZE--

WE should do this. Together.

Post a Comment

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts