« Home | Space kabobs...of DOOOM! » | BRING OUT YER DEAD! » | Strumpets' crumpets » | I Woke up Under the Bed » | So where's that little white rabbit anyway?! » | Give me wOrds or give me SPAM! » | Independant LiVing Facility » | ReVolting sPaSms of dOOm! » | Help Me Help You... » | Building a better U » 

Monday, September 26, 2005 

Intelligence Resigns

On Friday the g/f and I went to see Flight Plan, that new movie with Jodie Foster and Sean Bean. Good acting, good idea, f'n sucked. I just think it's sad when there just isn't enough of an idea to handle the hour and a half it takes to fill a movie theatre these days.

On the other hand, I rented that new movie Crash. It's a good movie. Seemed like a mix of Magnolia and Traffic. Definately worth watching.

Coffee is definately the nectar of the gods. I honestly don't know what I would do without it.

Now on to the news.

A trial is starting in Philadelphia that should not only embarrass us, but remind us how important it is to think empirically. The Intelligent Design trial is what I'm talking about. It's scary and I'd rather not provide any commentary until the trial is over. Just know that I freaked out of my tiny little mind.

Another thing that scares me? China cracking down on the internet.

The rules, issued Sunday by the Ministry of Information Industry and the State Council, China's cabinet, will "standardize the management of news and information" in the country.


How scary is that. How can a country exist in the 21st century with this kind of censorship? Can you imagine having to register with the government if you want to start a blog? I don't want to. The two sad things here is that it shows the shoddy dog and pony show that keeps things running over there. Keeping the people subjugated and using the argument of 'protection'. THAT scares me. Are we anywhere near that? no. No matter what people say about Bush or the Patriot Act, things will never get that bad in the U.S. Thank God.

--IGOVERNPLANETARYCHEMISTRY--

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts