« Home | Je Suis Seul Au Monde » | Tea is for heroes » | Indian Animalia » | Nightcap » | Sugar Free Saturdays » | The Letter X » | Day of the GIANT creeping CATERPILLAR! AAAAAUUUUGGG! » | Hooba hooba, hop? » | My 100 list. Huzaaahhh! » | A sniff of Tequila in the morning » 

Thursday, October 07, 2004 

KERPLUNK!

Alright, along with the counter came a tracking device that watches all of you. Now I don't mean to scare you, but I really like seeing where you all come from! Somebody is checking my blog all the freakin' time and it's poppin up as coming from covad.net. I have no idea what this means or where you are, but hey that's cool...I'm just curious.

Anyway, the last two days have been junk. All junk, all the time.

I taught French this morning. Hah.

now I'm supposed to be working. But it's not working. Hah.

Something that was posted on the Last Word Books (an independant bookstore here in Oly) really got to me. It was about open sourcing popular software and how this could lead to the downfall of the U.S. economy.

The big problem with this is that the big software may not be completely open sourced, but you can find the hacks to ANYTHING already online. So what's the issue? It hasn't caused the downfall of western capitalism. I'm a whole-hearted capitalist and listening to these people who think that our system is fragile as a crystal vase just makes me laugh.

The other point that bugged me was the idea that the U.S. government uses hackers to wage an 'internet war' on the rest of the world. Within the U.S., the government has done horrible things. Janet Reno was the worst attny. gen. that we've pretty much ever seen when it comes to individual rights because with her last days in office she started the mass email tracking system that sorts through almost all emails looking for keywords. Nobody but the FBI knows what these keywords are but copies of the emails contain these words are supposedly shunted into a special 'in-box' where they collect dust until an agent has a chance to look at 'em.

Now, this isn't right, but it's hardly an out-bound attack by U.S. trained hackers. On top of that, almost all the hackers I've ever met, though that number may be limited, have been anarchists. That does mean they hate the U.S. government, right? Now that would be irony Alannis.

Alright, I gotta fo gix a computer.

Keep yo chili-dog on ice!

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts