« Home | Refer to #1 Under Attention » | P.H.I.E.! » | Overheard #657 » | The Way I See It # 2045 » | Somebody Lied... » | c0ff33 for the l337 » | C. George, Whirled Traveler » | Sputnik, but smaller » | Intelligence Resigns » | Space kabobs...of DOOOM! » 

Friday, September 30, 2005 

Supa dupa flie

Starbucks is the best and worst possible place to be at 7:30am.

Let me fill you in. The Starbucks I frequent is on the way to work and for me it is a place filled with wonderful delights, but mostly coffee. The one glitch in my morning is one individual barista. Now, I'm not trying to get this guy fired, god forbid, but I am trying to tell a funny story. To say this kid is a 'morning person' is an amazing understatement. He attacks customers with vicious language that should be saved for later in the day. "GOOD MORNING SIR!!" BEAUTIFUL DAY, ISN'T IT!" "DO YOU WANT A SCONE WITH THAT?!"

A coffee shop in the morning isn't the right place to assault me with conversation, hot lovin', or choices. All I want is my coffee. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. The other baristas don't seem to have a friggin' problem with this, what's his deal?! He's too damn happy. Has anyone seen "13 Conversations About one Thing?" If you haven't seen it, I highly reccomend it, and when you do you'll understand why I'm not wishing bad things to happen to this, most annoying of baristas. I just want him to pipe the F. down.

That's the barista story. It's not quite as good as I thought it was gonna be. Anyway.

Another thing I noticed this morning at the coffee shop were two fat people. I'm not talking, "I'm a bit overweight!" fat, I'm talking out of f'n control, "MY GOD! I'm turning into a truck!" fat. I didn't think badly of them, necessarily, I just had to ask myself, "What would have to go wrong in my life for me to get that big?" The answer is, everything. And then some.

Some kids are a bit bigger than others, but it's been proven that with exercise, the weight of human spawn can be controlled. Surprise surprise. I have to admit, I've never been 'overweight', and I'm definately not bulky, but when I do start to put on the poundage, out come the sit-ups and push-ups every morning. Were these people just poorly trained youngsters?

Maybe I'm just being insensitive, but whenever I see people that incredibly large, I feel like going up and asking them how it happened. Did it happen overnight, or do you have to work at cultivating that kind of bulk? Is it hereditary? Did your mom look like she swallowed a bus?

I have a feeling that I wouldn't like the answers and my coffee shop wouldn't invite me back anymore, but seriously, those are questions that float through my mind. Bastard? Yes please. With whip.

--SOCKINITTOYA--

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts