« Home | Somebody Lied... » | c0ff33 for the l337 » | C. George, Whirled Traveler » | Sputnik, but smaller » | Intelligence Resigns » | Space kabobs...of DOOOM! » | BRING OUT YER DEAD! » | Strumpets' crumpets » | I Woke up Under the Bed » | So where's that little white rabbit anyway?! » 

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 

The Way I See It # 2045

I'm seriously getting more and more worried about the state of affairs in the US.

Why? read this.

I see a very fine line between intelligent design and what Stephen Hawking have to say about God. The difference, for me, lies in the message conveyed. Intelligent design says that there is no randomness in the universe, that God bends life to 'his' will. Hawking uses the word God in a much more abstract sense to describe the miracle of the world in general, not as an explanation for it.

All I can see from intelligent design is hubris. The idea that humans can encapsulate life and all of its developments along the way in a single concept. I see more beauty in the randomness of the universe than if it happened to be controlled by an outside influence.

*sigh*

The trial just pisses me off. Funny how Christians get all self-riteous when they feel they're losing. And they are losing. The theory of intelligent design may be over a century old, but it's serious ground lost for creationists world-wide. Intelligent design is seriously a creationist version of evolution; evolution fostered by god. That's a serious step up from the "world was created in 6 days" shit.

So yeah. More later when I get pissed off about soemthing else.

--DECAFDOUBLESHOTDOUBLEPUMPMOCHA--

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts