« Home | Giving the Gifts of Love and Socks » | Not Your Average Strain of Ebola » | The Busiest Business » | Jigga What?! » | Winter Wonderland » | When sometimes just isn't enough » | I read this to one of my students and she said I s... » | Dancin the night away » | Beauty » | What?! » 

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 

Puttin' the F.U. back in SNAFU

Amy, I will call you. Tonight.

So my boss is in a better mood today. Amazing. I had something like 6 work orders on my desk today. Actual work is cool. I really do like fixing computers. It's the other b.s. that's keepin' me down...man.

Had Russian class this morning. That was a lot of fun. I can understand the concepts VERY well. I can grasp all the grammar. It's that damned alphabet that's holdin' me down...man.

ANYway, if I have more to post I'll try to do it later. Salsa rocked and I get to go swing dancin' tonight. Cool beans.

--SMILEITMIGHTBETHEBOSSCALLING--

UPDATE:

So far today I've been blamed for:
1. Taking too many breaks (haven't taken a break in the last 2 work days)
2. Putting things in the storage closet the wrong way.
3. Not taking good enough notes
4. Not following instructions to the letter
5. Not working hard enough
6. Being forgetful
7. Not asking the right questions

And it's not even 3pm yet.

This is an example of me not paying attention to the nuances of the situation:

Step 1: Was sent an email by my boss giving me Work Order #1014. Check a hard drive in the Education department that was making a buzzing noise.

Step 2: I went up to the room and checked the computer. There was nothing I could do about it. I came back down but didn't know how to change a work order in our tracking program so I wanted to wait until my boss got back to get some help.

Step 3: My boss comes back into the office and tells me that I should have known how to update the work order.

Step 4: I try to find the work order, but it's not there.

Step 5: She then remembers that work order 1014 was deleted because it was a redundant entry for work order 1010 which had already been completed.

Step 6: Theo is blamed for not looking hard enough at the tracking program and figuring it out.


If any of you have worked with TrackIT! before you know that it's pretty damn intuitive but the possibility for doing something wrong is HUGE. It will never be that bad, but I'd rather not make any mistakes at all.

Apparently though, it's a mistake to err on the side of caution. Silly me.

----

Contrarily, most of my suggestions involve either a crowbar or a shiv. Cleaner, but you don't get that fresh morning napalm scent.

Post a Comment

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts