« Home | Jigga What?! » | Winter Wonderland » | When sometimes just isn't enough » | I read this to one of my students and she said I s... » | Dancin the night away » | Beauty » | What?! » | Funny thing about Blogs... » | The Culprit » | Something Smells Funny! » 

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 

The Busiest Business

I applied for this job as a sort of activities planner and community liason with our International Programs department here at the college. I submitted my application onthe 12th. Now, our policy (as posted on the web site) says that all positions are posted internally for 5 days and ONLY if there are no qualified internal applicants will the position be posted publically. I'm qualified for the position, I submitted my application the day after it was posted internally, and yet for some reason the job was posted on the web site anyway, which is considered an external posting.

I'm not too pissed off about that part of it. I know that I'm qualified and motivated enough to get the job and will do it very well. What I'm pissed off about is the fact that I fit the description and yet because it was posted externally I have to wait until Feb 1st for them to even look at my resume. Sometimes I really wonder about this place.

----

In the near future I hope to get some pictures up on this page. I haven't really done much with it because I really only post here while I'm at work and definately not supposed to be posting. Right now my boss is at an eye exam so I can successfully avoid work without getting caught.

Anyway, I would like to do a set of photos of my life and the places I like to visit. We'll see how it goes.

I'm also thinking of setting up a comic blog. It would be a HORRIBLY drawn comic that uses toilet humor and none of my writing skills, but would be fun and have TONS of potential. If anyone has a better idea than just doing it in blogger format, lemme know.

--*--

Thank god tonight is swing dancing. I have spent the last three hours making labels for file folders on the computer, printing them, cutting them out, attaching them to the folders themselves, then putting them in a filing cabinet. I am a damn work-study for the IT department without the study part. But that's not what I was hired as. Funny.

I'm really happy that i have my freelance drawing jobs now. Speaking of which, I had a meeting with the Tumblebus guy and he really liked the drawings that I did. He was nervous that I wasn't going to have the kind of ideas he liked but when I showed him the three sketches that I did, he said that they were right on and that I should do bigger versions for scanning and coloring. Wow. My weekend got booked fast.

Plus, next weekend I start doing salsa with the girlfriend. Whooooeeee! Busy guy.

----

Well, it's about quittin' time. I'll write more when I can.

--STELLA!!--

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts