« Home | Beauty » | What?! » | Funny thing about Blogs... » | The Culprit » | Something Smells Funny! » | Sing a song os six-pence... » | The Hitchhiker's Guide to East Djbutti » | Wow, it's been like 6 days since I've posted. Thi... » | When dinner time came, I was surprised again » | This is a day that has not gone as planned » 

Wednesday, December 08, 2004 

Dancin the night away

So swing dancing officially rocks.

I got me a new pair o' dancin shoes and damn if they aren't the coolest things ever! They slide all over the place so I rarely have to pick up my feet anymore. My confidence level went WAY up last night and I really want to start dancing more.

The two problems I have now are remember the moves I already know while I'm dancing, and learning how to lead like I mean it.

Last week was the best week ever and it actually makes me wonder wheather there may actually be some kind of underlying 'thing' that sort of plays through the universe.

Anyway, last monday night I had a dream where this girl, let's call her **** asked me to dance after the lesson portion of the night and then she and I ended up dancing all night.

Now, to give you some perspective, **** is probly one of (if not the) best dancers there. She is amazingly light on her feet and lets you lead whatever you want. She is an amazing follow. I'd never danced with her and honestly was a bit intimidated by her skill. So this was definately a dream. As the dream continued, we went out for drinks and she ended up kissing me. I woke up smiling and laughing because it made me happy but I knew it was impossible. Why the hell would a great dancer like that want to dance with a beginner?

So I show up for the lesson at the beginning of the evening and she's there. Helping.

I have to add at this point that I have no 'game' whatsoever. Even if I had the guts to talk to someone I think is beautiful, the chances of me actually pulling it off with even the least bit of dignity are amazingly slim. So, I didn't talk to her.

After the lesson the dance started and I warmed up with a couple dances. I went over to the water dispenser thingy and got a drink. Someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was **** with a goofy grin on her face, asking me if I wanted to dance. I nearly passsed out.

I did a decent job but afterward I was kicking myself because I wasn't staying on beat for some reason...probly because my knees were knocking out of control.

She ended up asking me to dance twice that evening. Then I went home. It was great but I was convinced that she would never dance with me again, voluntarily, so I swore I would practice and try to get better.
----

Fast forward to last night.

She comes in around 9pm and then at about 10:30, asks me to dance, again. This time I was a little more prepared. I lost the beat once but easily pulled back into it again with a simple Charleston move. I got her to giggle and grin at me. Man, I'm such a sap.

Swing dancing rocks.

--huzay huzah---

Very cool shoes.

Post a Comment

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts