« Home | The Busiest Business » | Jigga What?! » | Winter Wonderland » | When sometimes just isn't enough » | I read this to one of my students and she said I s... » | Dancin the night away » | Beauty » | What?! » | Funny thing about Blogs... » | The Culprit » 

Thursday, January 27, 2005 

Not Your Average Strain of Ebola

There are few things in this world that really irk me like someone who is completely ordinary trying to be extraordinary when it's not remotely in their nature to be so.

Truly breaking free of mundanity is cool, but when you try to be bigger, better, even outstanding, and yet stay in the same dank, dark place you were before, that's just sad. This describes my boss.

I'm smarter than she she is. I'm much more well read. I'm cooler. I love movies that are deep. I can actually do my job. I dance. Ad infinitum. For all these reasons and more, she feels the necessity of putting me down and stomping on me every chance she gets.

This morning for example: I was 10 minutes late because of a bus problem. (I missed said bus.) She wasn't in the office when I came in but there were instructions on my computer that told me to run down to ITS to pick up some things. So I went.

When I got back to my desk, she was in the office again. She asked when I had gotten to work. I said 8:10. She said, "I was here at 8:10. There's no way you were here." I just stared at her, as if to say, "you callin' me liar?" She was. I didn't excuse myself. I just turned around to face my computer, silently suppressing my rage.

She then has the gaul to pull out a box of breakfast. Where was she when I came in? She was in the cafeteria getting something to eat. She sits her desk for the next half hour, eating her meal and surfing the web, giggling at emails and web sites and taking phone calls from friends on her cell. All while I'm doing work.

*sigh*

But it's over for today. Now I have to get off to my Russian class. Take care of yourselves and have better days than mine is starting out to be. Please.

--THEODDSARETENTOONE!--

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts