« Home | Waffles and BACON! » | Retro-post-post-remix » | Slip her a little tongue and she will thank you fo... » | Blitzkrieg! » | Lazy Lisping Lizards » | My brain is about to explode » | What drugs are you on? » | Wow... » | Birthday posts » | Happy Birthday to ME! » 

Monday, February 28, 2005 

Over and over and over again...

I've got that damn pop-country song stuck in my head now. It's driving me all kinds of crazy!

So my boss is making my last day here kinda miserable. So far I've run around to help two people with inane problems that she could have fixed over the phone, then I had set up her new bookshelf and now I'm filing papers. Fun fun.

And on top of that, I'm still sniffling so I don't want to have any coffee and I really shouldn't have a cigarette. Of course, now I'm craving both incredibly.

The cold I had has left me still feeling like crap. No more sore throat but my lungs hurt when I cough and I'm still blowing snot out my nose like it was Niagra Falls.

I had some orange juice this morning and I think it may have helped, but those G & Ts at the bar last night did not.

--

The weekend itself was pretty eventless. I watched three movies on Saturday and three movies on Sunday with the girlfriend while I tried to get the last of my papers graded for my "teaching little kids how to read" job.

We watched, "Wicker Park," which was actually a really well put together movie. I just wish that movies would stop trying to make themselves seem intelligent by using Shakespeare as a device. "Ray" was an amazing film. Watch it. "Anchorman" kinda sucked. It was a movie of funny moments. "Bourne Supremacy" was good, but I'd seen it before. "I (heart) Huckabees" was amazing. I loved this movie with a passion. Mostly because I can see Ahniwa and I writing it...you know, had it not already been written. Honestly, I'd like to set up an existential detective agency. And "Sky Captain and the Word of Tomorrow" was a visually stunning movie with a GREAT 1930's feel to it. I liked the acting and the effects, but the plot left a little something to be desired. Good effort though.

Who knew that emotional support was so necessary in the workplace? Not me. It's weird that when my boss is not here, not only do I get more work done, but I usually do a better job and then have time to goof off afterward. When she's here, nitpicking over my shoulder, I get nothing done and the work I do is shoddy.

--

Over the last week I've realized that Evergreen socially trained me in a few very interesting ways. The first one is my view of marriage. I know that I'm in line with many people my age when I say that I don't find getting married a very high priority on my list. In order to have kids, sure it's what I'm gonna do, but as far as a deep meaningful relationship is concerned, it doesn't seem that important to me.

Within the context of marriage, I had just pretty much given up on the idea that any girl I marry would take my last name. I just figured that modern girls didn't do that.

I was talking with the girlfriend last weekend and she said a few interesting things that kinda shocked me. She has been married before, so that must be taken into consideration. But she said that she saw not taking the name of your spouse as being disrespectful.

I was stunned.

I didn't think that I would ever meet a girl who thought like that. Ever. ESPECIALLY not in Olympia!

At the time she said this I just kinda smiled and the subject moved on. It's just a point of view that I had forgotten existed.

Every oldest male on my dad's side of the family has the middle name Alexander and I'm willing to fight my spouse on this point because it's part of family tradition, but honestly, whether or not she takes my last name is a matter of complete indifference to me. I'm not changing my name, so I don't think she should be forced to change hers.

Or, of course, like spies we could change BOTH our names. First and last. That way nobody would know who we were. That could be fun.

--

Edit>preferences>General>Options
Uncheck, "Display PDF in Browser" option

--

Yvonne from Programmer's Paradise called with a quote for you on a program you requested. You weren't in so I took her number. When you get back from lunch give me a call and I'll give you her number.

--

My nose is so incredibly chapped right now I can't even tell you. I think my chapped nose is what's making me so schizo today.

And I have that damn Greenday song, the new one, stuck in my head. I wish popular people would stop singing about being outcasts. When you're cool, everyone loves you. Especially if you do drugs.

--

Oopp, boss is back. Gotta go.

--HACKEYSACKISAFUNGAMETOPLAYWITHFRIENDS--

I don't want to get married either, although when I do, I will certainly take my husband's name. No one can spell my last name, non-native English speakers can't pronouce, or mangle it so badly that I cringe whenever my name is called during roll-call, that part of me wants to get married for the sole reason of having a normal last name.

Post a Comment

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts