« Home | The Culprit » | Something Smells Funny! » | Sing a song os six-pence... » | The Hitchhiker's Guide to East Djbutti » | Wow, it's been like 6 days since I've posted. Thi... » | When dinner time came, I was surprised again » | This is a day that has not gone as planned » | KILLER KIMONO! » | KERPLUNK! » | Je Suis Seul Au Monde » 

Monday, November 15, 2004 

Funny thing about Blogs...

The most interesting part of my post last night is the way that I feel about it. At the bottom, that political part, I pretty much bared all of my thoughts and feelings about large scale politics. Now, this isn't that weird, I mean it's a blog. That's what you're supposed to do, right?

Well the longer I leave that post up, the more I think about tearing it down. Not because I've change my mind, or I don't feel that way, I just don't want people to think any differently about me.

The other day I was talking to my boss up in the International Studies Dept. here at the college and we were talking about issues facing international students. He was doing his typical political hand-wringing and so I tried presenting another side to him. He stopped, thought for a moment, then looked at me and then thanked me for being so open to both sides of every topic he and I discuss. (I've been having philosophical and political discussions with him since the beginning of summer.)

That would have just been a great compliment on its own, but he then went on to tell me that he knew that I was an extreme liberal, like him, and that it's always refreshing to have someone who can see both sides of an issue.

I took it as a compliment, but not the way he intended. He and I see eye to eye on nothing at all. I don't think he makes very valid arguments and he backs his ideas up with how he feels, not rational thought. Yes, there is something to be said for using feeling, but when dealing with things as abstract as politics and philosophy using one's feelings as justification for an argument leads to an inability to understand or sometimes even listen to the other side.

My boss still has no idea that I don't think like he does. I've seen the way he lashes out at conservatives and their ideals and I really don't feel like getting my ass kicked, or losing my job. A little extreme? You should listen to this guy rant.

So, my justification for leaving that post up on the blog, though I know most of the people who read it will disagree with me, is that this is pretty much the only place where I won't be shut down, dismissed, yelled at, or fired for spilling my guts.

There, it's out there. Mwahahahahahaha!

I gotta get to work. Hope y'all are having a good day!

ta ta

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts