« Home | Call to confirm » | Spackle that right up » | It's Graduation Time Pt. 2 » | It's Graduation Time » | And the list keeps growing! » | Unthinking MOBs » | Smash stuff. Go on, do it. You know you want to. » | Superlatives » | A complte meltdown is happening now! » | Old People » 

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 

The Natural Sweetener

One of my pet-peeves is when a dude tries to strike up a conversation with another dude in the restroom.

I'm not homophobic, I'm not insecure, I just don't wanna talk when I've got myself exposed. ESPECIALLY when the the urinals don't have partitions between them! At baseballs games one encounters the trough style urinal which I flat out refuse to use. The excitement of a game that is either going well or the fear of loss when a game is going badly induces exaggerated conversation that is much worse than that in a bar or during a break in classes or even at work.

In any case, trying to be congenial with me when I'm in the restroom is a bad idea. You will get rebuffed.

Girls I can understand. The restroom can be a kind of refuge away from the overattentive ears of male counterparts, but guys tend not to gossip in the bathroom. We go in, do our business and go out. Maybe if we had entire stall in which to do said business we might be more talkative, but we don't and we aren't.

I mention this right now because today I was in the guys bathroom and through the wall I could hear a gaggle of girls talking at such a volume that I could distinguish the subject matter of what they were saying. There was a guy waiting by the door to use one of the urinals and he had the courtesy to wait until I was done even washing my hands before he said anything about it to me. Thank you gentleman. Whoever you are. You did not puncture my bubble.

--THEBUBBLELIVESTOSEEANOTHERDAY--

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts