« Home | 10 to 1 Construction never ends » | My eye goo is leaking... » | Spattering of I can't believe it's not butter » | Paltry pilfering penguins » | Slanderous at best » | 100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall » | Is your kid on drugs? » | The Natural Sweetener » | Call to confirm » | Spackle that right up » 

Friday, June 24, 2005 

Howl like a monkey. Then say, "Ahhhhhh!"

Darts has made my arm sore. Beer has made my brain sticky. Hunger has made me shaky. Coffee has made me high. And Love...well...I don't think I'm allowed to use the appropriate vocab at work.

Anyway. I've seen these shirts around, but this photo of Clinton is hilarious.

So how's your Friday afternoon? Mine's f'n fantastic. I've gotten a lot of work done without too many meetings today. The office work study is putting flyers up around campus, I'm calling people on the phone, and rumor has it that we get to have our old offices back soon! (they (the construction guys) have been upgrading it over the last week.) yay!

Other than that not much has been going on.

I'm kinda left wondering what the hell happened with the SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States)decision on housing laws in Chicago. One would think that it would be the republican judges that would have been for this, but Scalia and Thomas both dissented. Crazy. Goodbye homeowner rights. In his dissenting opinion Justice Thomas wrote:

Allowing the government to take property solely for public purposes is bad enough, but extending the concept of public purpose to encompass any economically beneficial goal guarantees that these losses will fall disproportionately on poor communities. Those communities are not only systematically less likely to put their lands to the highest and best social use, but are also the least politically powerful.


Well said.

Wanna know more about Buckwheat Zydeco? Find more info here! I'm not a fan. Nor will I ever be. And I suspect suckiness around every corner. But rotating chilipeppers get my vote EVERYTIME!

Oh, a big shout-out to my friend Nat who sent me a cd full of Awesome music! I've listened to it twice through already and I'm listening to it at work. Forcing my co-workers to listen to M is great! THANK YOU NAT!

Now I have to head off and...you know...do stuff! Have a great weekend if I don't post again!

--TOOMUCHCOFFEETOOMUCHCOFFEETOOMUCHCOFFEE--

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts