« Home | Myriad Mysterious Mouses...mices...mice. » | A Symbol By Any Other Name... » | Svelt and Suave...like a gorilla » | Superhero Envy » | Suffer the slings and arrows... » 

Tuesday, June 22, 2004 

Oh what tangled webs we weave...

Have I ever extolled the virtues of hip-hugging jeans? No? well then... I believe that these creations are the gift that this generation has given to the world. Some people might think it's just a fad and that they won't last, and they may not, but I really hope they do. They way that they meld with the female form is spectacularly tittilating and enticing. I think that true beauty is hard to show off but with these jeans it becomes seamingly simple. Amen.

I had an idea for a thesis paper. I was talking with an Orthodox priest and we started talking about Evangelical churches and how they are more like cults than churches. I had the brilliant notion that maybe these cults are so enticing for people because unlike Judaism, Catholocism, Orthodoxy or any of the other older religions, these new forums for worship don't require any intelectualizing on the part of the congregation.

This train of thought led me to surmise that the anti-intellectualism that I have noticed of late (and that Toqueville noted in the 1700s) is the perfect reason for the rise of the cults. I didn't know where to start my research on this, but i know that the first thing I need to do is to find examples of the anti-intellectual bias in writing so I picked up Toqueville's "Democracy in America" and am working my way through it right now. It's a fascinating read.

My best friend from college emailed me and apparently his relationship isn't working out the way it was supposed to so he may be moving back into town soon. I feel horrible for him, but over the last two years I've really missed him so if he comes back I thnk it will be a good thing.

Work has been going well, but I really do need to find a good TOEFL study guide for my students and for myself. I have to find something to teach them grammar with. The cool part of the job right now is that my students get really tired after about two hours of work so instead of finishing at noon, I let them go at 11. This frees me up to do whatever the hell I want with my time, which is just wonderful.

Where oh where have all the beautiful girls that just want some red hot monkey love gone? I don't know. The girl that I'm lusting after lives in California now and I every time I try to tell her how I feel about her, I screw things up even worse than they were before. I don't know how I do it, but I do it and do it well. She's in the area this week and she won't call me. Too hard to explain right now.

--Othello

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts