« Home | Superhero Envy » | Suffer the slings and arrows... » 

Wednesday, June 16, 2004 

Svelt and Suave...like a gorilla

I've been having the most amazingly horrific discussions lately with my Korean student. Apparently about three or four weeks ago he started dating a white girl who's about 19. He's 24 and I have no clue how they met. Well, the story goes that her jealous ex came over one evening just as my student was pulling up in the parking lot to her house. He saw the guy in the window so he drove home. The next day he asked her what she had been doing and she said, "oh, nothing," all innocent like. He asked if she had had anyone over and she said no. He didn't wanna rock to the boat so he just let it drop. The following day she told him that she had hung out with her ex but said at the end, "Oh, but we're just friends!" When he told me that I just wanted to scream and tell him to run in the opposite direction for an hour.

Have I just become too cynical to deal with the opposite sex at all, or are girls really that devious? My student doesn't speak English that well, so I can understand if there are communication errors, but I don't think that this has anything to do with that. I think that This girl's just a bit too young for him and I think that he should get out of the situation as soon as possible.

Today I took him down to the capitol building to hang out and take the tour but just as we were about to start he told me that he didn't like tours and didn't want to go. I said fine and we walked down to the coffee shop and then to the park to talk. He asked me what kinds of girls I found attractive and I told him that I don't really think I have a type. Some girls look beautiful and turn out to be anything but and some girls aren't physically attractive but are magnificent creatures. He kinda laughed but I don't know if he understood. Then he told me that Korean girls really like tall, blond, big eyed guys and he thought that I could make a killing in Korea. Hmmm.

I really don't know how much I should be telling this kid. He paid me privately but he got my information through a university. A private Catholic university. Yesterday he was asking me about birth control and now he's asking me about dating tips. What the hell am I supposed to tell him? Should I tell him my opinion or start spouting off some Catholic schpeal about, "well, when a man and woman love each other enough to get married..." Hah!

On the news front, I really hate this upcoming election. I've been listening to Howard Stern in the mornings and I'm really beginning to loathe the guy's politics. He says that he doesn't like what the FCC's doing, and I agree with that, but he says that he's going to vote for Kerry because of that. I think this is the worst idea ever. Yes, Bush hasn't been doing a great job, but is Kerry really gonna solve any of the problems we have? The answer is no. Kerry doesn't have an exit strategy for Iraq. He doesn't have any discernable economic policy that would help out the U.S. in the four short years that he would be president. And he DEFINATELY hasn't commented on what his opinion about censorship and the FCC is. I think Stern is looking in the wrong place. I think that if he doesn't like Bush that he shouldn't vote for him, but by putting Kerry in office I believe that the U.S. would have a much bigger problem on its hands than just an undending war.

On the artistic front, I've come to the conclusion that drawing is only my think some of the time. I draw like a fiend for a couple of days and then do nothing for a week. It's just like how I write. It's really too bad I'm not more motivated to do my artwork...or anything else really. It would be great to be motivated by something else to be able to fund my art until I can do THAT full time, but I doubt it'll happen. Of course, maybe this whole teaching thing could happen full time. That'd be really cool!

This weekend just won't come fast enough. Only two more days to go. Whooo.
T.P.

Some Poor Schmuck

  • I'm a llama
  • From Outer Mongolia
  • Genious.
  • And THIS is my comic
My profile
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker

Previous posts